a FEATURES Low Noise: 0.2 V p 0.1 Hz to 10 Hz Low Gain TC: 5 ppm max (G = 1) Low Nonlinearity: 0.001% max (G = 1 to 200) High CMRR: 130 dB min (G = 500 to 1000) Low Input Offset Voltage: 25 V, max Low Input Offset Voltage Drift: 0.25 V/؇C max Gain Bandwidth Product: 25 MHz Pin Programmable Gains of 1, 100, 200, 500, 1000 No External Components Required Internally Compensated
Precision Instrumentation Amplifier AD624 CONNECTION DIAGRAM
15 OUTPUT NULL
14 OUTPUT NULL
13 G = 100
TOP VIEW 12 G = 200 (Not to Scale) 11 G = 500
SHORT TO RG2 FOR DESIRED GAIN
FOR GAINS OF 1000 SHORT RG1 TO PIN 12 AND PINS 11 AND 13 TO RG2
The AD624 is a high precision, low noise, instrumentation amplifier designed primarily for use with low level transducers, including load cells, strain gauges and pressure transducers. An outstanding combination of low noise, high gain accuracy, low gain temperature coefficient and high linearity make the AD624 ideal for use in high resolution data acquisition systems.
1. The AD624 offers outstanding noise performance. Input noise is typically less than 4 nV/√Hz at 1 kHz.
The AD624C has an input offset voltage drift of less than 0.25 µV/°C, output offset voltage drift of less than 10 µV/°C, CMRR above 80 dB at unity gain (130 dB at G = 500) and a maximum nonlinearity of 0.001% at G = 1. In addition to these outstanding dc specifications, the AD624 exhibits superior ac performance as well. A 25 MHz gain bandwidth product, 5 V/µs slew rate and 15 µs settling time permit the use of the AD624 in high speed data acquisition applications.
3. The offset voltage, offset voltage drift, gain accuracy and gain temperature coefficients are guaranteed for all pretrimmed gains.
The AD624 does not need any external components for pretrimmed gains of 1, 100, 200, 500 and 1000. Additional gains such as 250 and 333 can be programmed within one percent accuracy with external jumpers. A single external resistor can also be used to set the 624’s gain to any value in the range of 1 to 10,000.
5. A sense terminal is provided to enable the user to minimize the errors induced through long leads. A reference terminal is also provided to permit level shifting at the output.
2. The AD624 is a functionally complete instrumentation amplifier. Pin programmable gains of 1, 100, 200, 500 and 1000 are provided on the chip. Other gains are achieved through the use of a single external resistor.
4. The AD624 provides totally independent input and output offset nulling terminals for high precision applications. This minimizes the effect of offset voltage in gain ranging applications.
REV. B Information furnished by Analog Devices is believed to be accurate and reliable. However, no responsibility is assumed by Analog Devices for its use, nor for any infringements of patents or other rights of third parties which may result from its use. No license is granted by implication or otherwise under any patent or patent rights of Analog Devices.
© Analog Devices, Inc., 1996 One Technology Way, P.O. Box 9106, Norwood, MA 02062-9106, U.S.A. Tel: 617/329-4700 Fax: 617/326-8703