Integrated PAL and PAL/NTSC TV processors
TDA8360; TDA8361; TDA8362
Available in TDA8360, TDA8361 and TDA8362
The TDA8360, TDA8361 and TDA8362 are single-chip TV processors which contain nearly all small signal functions that are required for a colour television receiver. For a complete receiver the following circuits need to be added: a base-band delay line (TDA4661), a tuner and output stages for audio, video and horizontal and vertical deflection.
• Vision IF amplifier with high sensitivity and good differential gain and phase • Multistandard FM sound demodulator (4.5 MHz to 6.5 MHz) • Integrated chrominance trap and bandpass filters (automatically calibrated)
• Alignment-free PAL colour decoder for all PAL standards, including PAL-N and PAL-M. TDA8361 • PAL/NTSC colour decoder with automatic search system
• Integrated luminance delay line
• Source selection for external audio/video (A/V) inputs (separate Y/C signals can also be applied).
• RGB control circuit with linear RGB inputs and fast blanking
• Horizontal synchronization with two control loops and alignment-free horizontal oscillator without external components
• Multistandard vision IF circuit (positive and negative modulation)
• Vertical count-down circuit (50/60 Hz) and vertical preamplifier • Low dissipation (700 mW)
• Source selection for external A/V inputs (separate Y/C signals can also be applied)
• Small amount of peripheral components compared with competition ICs
• Easy interfacing with the TDA8395 (SECAM decoder) for multistandard applications.
• PAL/NTSC colour decoder with automatic search system
Because of the different functional contents of the ICs the set maker can make the optimum choice depending on the requirements for the receiver. The TDA8360 is intended for simple PAL receivers (all PAL standards, including PAL-N and PAL-M are possible). The TDA8361 contains a PAL/NTSC decoder and has an A/V switch.
• Only one adjustment (vision IF demodulator) • The supply voltage for the ICs is 8 V. They are mounted in a shrink DIL envelope with 52 pins and are pin compatible.
For real multistandard applications the TDA8362 is available. In addition to the extra functions which are available in the TDA8361, the TDA8362 can handle signals with positive modulation and it supplies the signals which are required for the SECAM decoder TDA8395.
ORDERING INFORMATION PACKAGE
EXTENDED TYPE NUMBER